This page holds information related to Rainbow Family genealogy. Much of this work is in the early stages, but made available for those who are interested.
For the Rainbow line, Edward Rainbow, a silk dyer in London, born about 1745, is the earliest confirmed connection. We have both his apprenticeship papers and trial documents from the Old Bailey for him. For the Dawson line, the earliest confirmed connection is Samuel Dawson.
Edward Rainbow (1745-1827) to Geoffrey Arnold
- Edward Rainbow, b: 1745 d: Jul 1827 4th great grandfather
- Edward Rainbow, b: Apr 25, 1772 London d: Abt. 1838 3rd great grandfather
- Elisha Rainbow, b: Jan 11, 1804 Chelsea, London d: Jun 1886 Brentford, Middlesex 2nd great grandfather
- William Charles Rainbow, b: Abt. 1847 Richmond, Surrey d: Sep 15, 1894 Kew Great grandfather
- Kenneth Wallace Rainbow, b: Sep 23, 1888 Richmond, Surrey d: May 26, 1958 HuddersfieldMaternal grandfather
- Lorna Margaret Rainbow, b: Dec 06, 1915 London Mother
- Geoffrey Michael B Arnold, b: Oct 10, 1950 Westminster, London Self
The following are very early drafts – much cleanup required
Links to Old Bailey Records involving Edward Rainbow (1745-1827)
Edward Rainbow’s (1745-1827) Apprenticeship document
Click on image to enlarge.
- Charles Dawson describes the ancestors of Charles Dawson, and his wives Emma Pearl and Ellen Cooper.
- Charles Dawson Will Transcription of Charles Dawson (1811-1846), father Charles Dawson.
Charles Dawson (the elder) married Sarah Wise. An extensive genealogy has been done by a member of the Wise family. Here are some of the related resources.